Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Maegan's review of Bryn Morrow by Mike Cooley

Reviewed by -- 
Maegan Schaefer

Book Review of – Bryn Morrow
By Mike Cooley

My overall star rating – from 1-5






Get it on amazon

About the book:
Celeste had been dreaming of Bryn since she was eight: the flash of light across the sky, Bryn running, the explosion that nothing human should have survived, and then Bryn climbing out of the smoking crater and looking right at her. He was beautiful: six feet tall with muscles like coiled steel and dark blue eyes. His hair was black and his body was chiseled out of marble, like a Greek God.

For years she had thought he was nothing but a dream. But slowly the dream changed, and it seemed that he was trying to reach her. His arm stretched out as if to touch her.

And then she saw him, burning under the light of dawn. His skin was flame as their eyes met. Celeste’s heart sped up and she gasped. Bryn had found her. (from Amazon)

Book creation ratings:
Overall total --  26 out of a possible 30
-- Story & characters -- 9
-- Cover & title -- 8
-- Editing -- 9
* based on a 1-10 scale with:  1-4, poor; 5-7, good; 8-10, very good.*

My 5 point review:
-1- The Characters actually acted their ages in this “vampire” story which is wonderful since some these days have high schooler doing college kids stuff.

-2- This book had an awesome new twist to vampires that I really found mind blowing. Love how they explain it too.

-3- Cooley had me hooked within the first few pages some much so that I couldn’t put it down. Glad I was stuck at the doctors and had time to read.

-4- Another great aspect to this story is that when it came to the love scenes Cooley left things private/ up to the reader imagination. For me, as a reader, this is a major plus.

-5-I love how Cooley has shown the relationship between Celeste and Debra it reminds me of my relationship with my best friend.

Reader Recommendations
Genre -- Fiction
Age recommendations – 16+
Sex content rating – 2 out of 5 (mostly just foreplay)
Violence rating – 3 out of 5 (fighting, burning, and guns)

No comments:

Post a Comment