Thursday, July 16, 2015

Shannan's review of Scotland's Guardians by Katharina Gerlach

Reviewed by -- Shannan Williams        

Book Review of -- Scotland's Guardians by Katharina Gerlach        

My overall star rating --- 5


About the book:
A face without a nose watches Bryanna from a window in an Edinburgh townhouse, and a hairy hand waves. A Brownie! She blinks and shakes her head. Impossible. They only exist in books. But the Brownie doesn't remain the only legendary creature she meets on her way home. Maybe I'm hallucinating, she thinks, and decides to talk to her dad. However, he gets kidnapped by a woman whose scent seems surprisingly familiar to Bryanna. Without hesitation, she follows them and lands smack dab in the middle of the adventure of her life. The world she faces now is murderously dangerous. And if she survives the journey, she seems doomed to kill her father for his secret.  

Book creation ratings:
Overall total -- 30 out of a possible 30
-- Story & characters -- 10
-- Cover & title -- 10
-- Editing & formatting -- 10
* based on a 1-10 scale with:  1-4, poor; 5-7, good; 8-10, very good.*

The review --
This book pulled me in at the very beginning and held me captive until the very end. I loved it and couldn't stop reading once I started. A perfect fantasy book, full of Scottish mythology. There were so many creatures and monsters that I was introduced to. The best fantasy book I have read in a really long time...definitely a favorite without a doubt. I loved the development of the characters along the way. It was as if I was right there with the two girls, following them along their journey. The ending was perfect and I was so happy to see it end the way it did. You need to read this book if you are a lover of the fantasy genre. You will not be disappointed.        

Reader Recommendations
Genre -- Fantasy, Adventure        
Age recommendations -- 17 and up, due to some graphic descriptions of some of the creatures.        
Sex content rating -- none                
Violence rating -- mild

Links for the book:

Buy it on Amazon

Author's Amazon page

Author's facebook page

Author's website

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you liked the book. Thank you so much for the review. BTW, I'm working on the sequel just now, and the audiobook will be available soon, too.

    ReplyDelete