Monday, February 29, 2016

Lee'Anne's review of The Truth of Tristan Lyons by LB Dunbar

Reviewed by -- Lee'Anne        

Book Review of -- The Truth of Tristan Lyons (Legendary Rock Stars Book 4) by LB Dunbar

My overall star rating --- 5     
   
About the book:
Heartbreaker.

I understand why I have the nickname. Hey, what can I say? I like women. All women. It doesn’t matter what shape, size, or color. I’m even into sharing. I’ve done it all, seen it all, but I’m at an all-time low. Who wouldn’t be? My best friend is missing. My uncle’s an asshole. I don’t know who I am without The Nights. We are a band of brothers, soldiering through the world with our music. Only, our faithful leader is gone, and everyone else in the band is falling for the oldest trap: love. Love is a lie. It is painful. It is hurtful.

I need a break. I want to be alone. I'm not prepared to share the exclusive home on the Island. I'm not prepared for her. I don’t know who she is or why she's here. She tells me to call her Ireland. I tell her my first name only. Originally, I don’t want to believe she doesn’t recognize me. Bass guitarist for The Nights, come on? After a while we both play the game. Secrets are another form of lies, aren't they?

Our fantasy will crash to reality too soon. Secrets catch up to you. The truth has to be told. It confirms what I already know: love is a lie.

Until her.

Book creation ratings:
Overall total, out of 30 -- 25
-- Story & characters -- 10
-- Cover & title -- 7
-- Editing & formatting -- 9
* based on a 1-10 scale with:  1-4, poor; 5-7, good; 8-10, very good.*

The review --
This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and I’m happy to say, I’ll definitely be checking out her other books. This one is fantastic! Tristan Lyons is a guitarist for the band The Nights. Tristan has always been a bit of a manwhore and is known for breaking hearts. When one of his bandmates is in an accident and disappears, Tristan decides to take a break from the real world by borrowing a friend's vacation home in the Cayman Islands. He’s anticipating being alone and getting some songs written, what he’s not anticipating is running into the gorgeous Ireland. Ireland is running way from a life that hasn’t been her own since she was promised to wed a family friend by her evil uncle when she was just a child. Her mother forces her to focus all her time and energy on being a swimsuit model, and when life becomes too much, she deices to run away to her uncle's home in the Caymans. At first, Tristan is not happy about having to share his space with Ireland; but when the attraction becomes too much to resist, he becomes more amicable.

I really enjoyed the progression of this story, I couldn’t put it down once I’d started reading. The characters were well developed and it had an original plotline. The only thing I think could have used improvement was that every time they went out together, they were snorkeling. I would have liked to see a little bit more originality with the dates. Besides that, I think it was a fantastic read and I highly recommend it!
                          
Reader Recommendations
Genre -- Contemporary Romance        
Age recommendations -- 17 +         
Sex content rating -- Hot        
Violence rating -- none

** The author's links for **

Amazon

Amazon author page

Facebook page

Website

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment