Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Review of -- Lure of Obsession by Lisa Kessler

Reviewed by -- Jacqueline Driggers

Book Review of -- Lure of Obsession by Lisa Kessler

Overall star rating --- 3

Book creation ratings -- Max. total of 30 possible --
Overall total, out of 30 --
-- Story & characters --
-- Cover & title --
-- Editing & formatting --
* based on a 1-10 scale with:  1-4, poor; 5-7, good; 8-10, very good.*

The review --
This is a well written book and a well edited book. But, I would call it more paranormal crime drama than paranormal romance. It's more of a who-done-it than anything else. It starts out with a disturbing scene of Melanie coming home to find her roommate dead, and the scene is described a bit too much for me. Then it segues into a section from the viewpoint of the killer; also not something I am fond of. These two points put me off of the book, and I put it down, then came back to it. Like I said, it is a well written book, but not your typical romance book. The ending for me, was all right. It's a well done book, but not one of my personal favorites.

Reader Recommendations
Genre -- paranormal crime drama
Age recommendations -- 18 plus
Sex content rating -- mild
Violence rating -- moderately high, as it starts off with a murder and a grisly description of the dead body

Links for the book:

Buy it on Amazon

Author's facebook page

Author's website

No comments:

Post a Comment