Thursday, June 8, 2017

Review of -- Picture (Im)perfect by J.S. Frankel

Reviewed by -- Shadow Walker

Book Review of --
Picture (Im)perfect by J.S. Frankel

Overall star rating --- 5        

Get it on Amazon

Check it out on goodreads

Book creation ratings
Overall total, out of 30 -- 30        
-- Story & characters -- 10        
-- Cover & title -- 10        
-- Editing & formatting -- 10        
* based on a 1-10 scale with:  1-4, poor; 5-7, good; 8-10, very good.*

The review --
I looked forward to reading this book. I wanted to see how the author would do wring a different type of book. He clearly demonstrated his writing skill midway through the first page. Mr. Frankel is an expert writer and words are his partner. He writes like I always wanted to but never could. His character development was outstanding and imagery phenomenal. I picked out several sentences to demonstrate what I meant, but I changed my mind. I want future readers to discover it for themselves.

The subject of this story is timely and it deeply impacted me. It changed the way I look at people who are so different from me. It helped me to understand what they face daily. I would encourage everybody to read this book and it may change you too.

Wonderfully written and well edited makes this an easy read. I hate reading books with glaring mistakes that detract from the book. Well done editor(s).

The vivid scenes and powerful emotions flowed off the page. They grabbed my soul and impacted my emotions. The romantic moments happen but aren't the focal point of the story. They depicted life.

You'll like the way the story wraps up. It's worth every page of this delightful story. Enjoy!!!                

Reader Recommendations
Genre -- Fictional        
Age recommendations -- 12 and older.        
Sex content rating -- Mild.        
Violence rating -- Moderate.    

1 comment: