Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Review of -- Dead Men Do Come Back by Steven C. Levi

Reviewed by -- Shadow Walker

Book Review of --
Dead Men Do Come Back by Steven C. Levi

Overall star rating --- 4        
-- Story & characters -- 9
-- Cover & title -- 10        
-- Editing & formatting -- 10        

The review --
The book starts out fast and I got the sense that I was embarking on a 5 star story. It's hard to beat a murder mystery set in Alaska. We have a likable U.S. Marshall and a host of well developed characters. Murder, gold, thievery, and a beautiful woman thrown into the mix. How could such a book tumble from my five star rank?  I didn't like the way the story kept dragging along. To much time was spent chewing on the same facts for my liking. I wasn't thrilled with the ending of the book, but that's just me.

The book was well edited and it eventually got to the end. It was a good read and worth your while to read it. Enjoy.                        

Genre -- Mystery Thriller        
Age recommendations -- 12 and older        
Sex content rating -- None        
Violence rating -- Mild        

                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment