Monday, July 10, 2017

Review of -- The German Messenger by David Malcolm

Reviewed by -- Shadow Walker

Book Review of --
The German Messenger by David Malcolm

Overall star rating --- 2        
-- Story & characters -- 8
-- Cover & title -- 10
-- Editing & formatting -- 10

The review --
Boy, this is a tough one to wrap my head around. I wanted to read this book so badly and begged for it. I love mystery books and my dad fought in WWI, in France and in the trenches. I majored in History in college. I knew after two paragraphs that this book and me weren't going to get along. The pace of the book was super slow motion and it never picked up. I must be honest and tell you that I bailed after the halfway point. I did jump back on board for the last chapter and it was dull to me. It was sorta like getting a beautifully cooked New York Strip Steak that makes your mouth water, but it had no flavor. The cook forgot to use salt or any other seasoning on it. I was so disappointed after reading the blurb. The characters were well developed and the editing was fine. The storyline could have been great, but I just couldn't connect with the author's writing style.                

Genre -- Mystery Untriller.        
Age recommendations -- 18 and over        
Sex content rating -- Moderate to Hot
Violence rating -- Minus Moderate               

No comments:

Post a Comment