Saturday, January 23, 2016

Shannan's review of A Valley Experience by Pam Funke

Reviewed by -- Shannan Williams        

Book Review of --
A Valley Experience by Pam Funke
        
My overall star rating --- 5   
     
About the book:
Meet Brianca Euley, a girl who goes through life searching for love. She searches in all the wrong places--in the clubs, with various men, everywhere except where true unconditional love waits for her. Will she ever learn that what is missing from her life is God? How far down this path of destruction will she go before she reaches out to God?


Book creation ratings:
Overall total out of a possible 30 --  30        
-- Story & characters -- 10        
-- Cover & title -- 10        
-- Editing & formatting -- 10        
* based on a 1-10 scale with:  1-4, poor; 5-7, good; 8-10, very good.*

The review --
This book captivated me from the very beginning and held my interest throughout the whole thing. The author has a style of writing that just pulls you in and keeps you hanging on.I literally did not put the book down, as I read it straight through. I just had to find out what was going to happen to Brianca next. This poor girl, about 17, had a very difficult couple years.  She just got in one mess after another and was very fortunate to get out eventually, of each incident. This book deals with real life situations and I think that was it  that drew me in. It dealt with heartache, loss, suffering, abuse, lies, strength, determination, feeling of a failure, etc... I could go on and on. This book really tugged at the heart strings.        There were times throughout the book that I was hanging onto my seat wondering what was going to happen to this poor girl next. There were also several times that I didn't think the book was going to end on a positive note. But thankfully, Brianca was able to get out of the bad and it ended up on a very good note. This book gets full points from me on every aspect. I would love to read more by this author. I highly recommend this book in order for people to be made aware of what can happen when you make bad decisions.

Reader Recommendations
Genre -- christian fiction        
Age recommendations -- 16        
Sex content rating -- Deals with being raped        
Violence rating -- moderate                

** The author's links **

Amazon

Amazon author page

Facebook page

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment