Monday, August 8, 2016

Review of The Grave of Lainey Grace by Aaron Galvin

Reviewed by -- Shadow Walker

Book Review of --
The Grave of Lainey Grace by Aaron Galvin

Overall star rating --- 5   
    

About the book:
Every year, when the last leaf of summer falls, roses are laid at the grave of Lainey Grace. No one knows who steals into the cemetery after the gates are closed and locked, least of all the head groundskeeper, Bob.
When Bob is warned he’ll be fired if the rose-givers sneak in again, his ten-year-old granddaughter, Briar Ann Wade, decides to find out who the perpetrators are and why they only come each fall.
Briar discovers the answer to the mystery only to learn, as her grandpa says, grief and love take many forms…and there is healing in both.

Book creation ratings
Overall total, out of 30 -- 30        
-- Story & characters -- 10        
-- Cover & title -- 10        
-- Editing & formatting -- 10
* based on a 1-10 scale with:  1-4, poor; 5-7, good; 8-10, very good.*

The review --
I think that this will surprise Jacqueline, since I told her that I couldn't connect with the storyline after the Third Chapter. I confessed that it was trending toward a four star rating at that point. Everything changed when she said it was a children's book. I went deep inside my past, to that boy who loved adventure and more than his share of mischief. The story came alive and I couldn't put it down. I found myself laughing, shedding a few tears, and wondrously surprised as the story unfolded before me.

I love a story where the author spends time developing the book's characters. The editing was outstanding which propelled the story along without distracting the reader.

The pace of the book was quick and made for a smooth journey. I would encourage parents to read this story to their children. It's that good folks. It's a must read for children of any age or parents who wish to journey back in their memories.        I never spoil the ending of the book, but this time I'm more tempted than ever before. It's a journey worth the taking friends. Enjoy!

Reader Recommendations
Genre -- Children, Adventure/Fantasy/Fairy Tale.        
Age recommendations -- Children of any age or adults who wish to feel young again.        
Sex content rating -- None.        
Violence rating -- None.

** The author's links **

Amazon

Amazon author page

Facebook page

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment