Saturday, April 26, 2014

Please pardon our dust . . . .

Isn't that the kind of sign they put up when they're renovating a business that people are still frequenting, or still shopping at?  Well, I feel like I need to have had that sign up on my blog for the past 3 months.  Because there's been some changes going on here.

This blog got it's start back in September of 2011.  Back then it was:
J's Facebook app review.  Well, as you can easily tell, it's changed a lot since then.

It was almost a year later, in September of 2012,  that I started doing book reviews.  That was when I discovered the free kindle for pc app, and my love for reading got reawakened.

Somewhere along the way, the name of the blog changed to JD's Leisure Zone; and that name stuck until this year when I tweaked the name a bit to reflect the changes that have taken place.

I'd noticed that a lot of book review blogs would post that they weren't taking on new book review requests, because they had all that they could handle.  I understood that.  Since I hung out my book review shingle, I developed a list of book review requests a mile long.

Well, I got busy with other things, and my list of books I had agreed to review got in quite a mess.  Then, about the last half of December of last year, 2013, I got an idea.  I had seen where other book review blogs had review teams - a group of people who reviewed books for that blog.  So I thought, 'What if I added a team to my blog?'  And so that's just what I did.

Well, the whole thing came together a lot quicker than I anticipated that it would.  I had nothing put in order, or anything else.  But, I had a review team.  So since then, I've been trying to get things put in order and sorted out.  And I'm almost there.

One of the things that got done was to change the name of the blog slightly.  It went from being JD's Leisure Zone to The Leisure Zone to reflect the new team.  Coming up within the next 2 months, we plan on having a grand reopening event to introduce the new and improved blog and it's review team to the world.

I want to thank everyone for their patience,
I want to thank those people who have decided to become a part of my review team,
and I want to thank the authors who send us books to review.

Watch for our reopening event soon.
-- Jacqueline Driggers
head reviewer and blog owner

No comments:

Post a Comment