Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My new book review format

So here it is, my new book review format that I will be using with my next review:

Book Review of:
the book name goes here
By
the author name goes here 

My overall star rating
 The ratings range from 1-5 stars, and I have a different graphic for each one, this graphic created exclusively by me for use by me.


About the book:
This is where the book cover, a buy link, and the book blurb or excerpt would go. 

Book creation ratings:
Overall total -- 25 out of a possible 30
-- Story & characters -- 8
-- Cover & title -- 8
-- Editing -- 9
* based on a 1-10 scale with:  1-4, poor; 5-7, good; 8-10, very good.*
This is something that I came up with on my own, with a little help from hubby.


My 5 point review:

1 - I came up with this 5 point review idea in an attempt to make writing my reviews easier.
2 - As I'm reading the book, I'll make a list of 5 points about the book, which will be only a line or two.
3 - Then, when I write my review, I can expand each point into between 3 or so lines to a short paragraph.
4 - Thus this will make writing my reviews easier on me, and I won't have to wade through a whole bunch of notes I've made on the book.
5 - Overall, I think my new format will make for a well-rounded book review format.

Reader Recommendations
Genre -- what genre(s) I feel the book falls into
Age recommendations -- an important feature for parents searching for appropriate books for their kids
Sex content rating -- another important feature for parents and readers themselves, will rate how graphic the sex content is, from mild to wild.  
** and those are just a few of the things that will be covered in this section **

Interested in my reviewing your book?
Just follow the link and fill out the form.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13KoPI8OJRvMpscPpgjUGJfuP4g2W7ET3at9D3OuvFIA/viewform

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information, Jacqueline. I'll check out your blog and see it in practice. When you link for purchase of the book, do you use Amazon as the link? I've never thought of that, but it is a really good idea to get the book purchased based on the review. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Was just going through emails and learned of your comment. Sorry I didn't catch it sooner. The first half of the year has seen me quite busy. The new format is working great, and now I have a review team to go with it. And yes, I usually use the amazon link for the purchase link. Either that or smashwords.

      Delete