Reviewed by -- Shadow
Walker
Book Review of --
The German Messenger
by David Malcolm
Overall star rating
--- 2
-- Story &
characters -- 8
-- Cover & title
-- 10
-- Editing &
formatting -- 10
The review --
Boy, this is a tough
one to wrap my head around. I wanted to read this book so badly and begged for
it. I love mystery books and my dad fought in WWI, in France and in the
trenches. I majored in History in college. I knew after two paragraphs that
this book and me weren't going to get along. The pace of the book was super
slow motion and it never picked up. I must be honest and tell you that I bailed
after the halfway point. I did jump back on board for the last chapter and it
was dull to me. It was sorta like getting a beautifully cooked New York Strip
Steak that makes your mouth water, but it had no flavor. The cook forgot to use
salt or any other seasoning on it. I was so disappointed after reading the
blurb. The characters were well
developed and the editing was fine. The storyline could have been great, but I
just couldn't connect with the author's writing
style.
Genre -- Mystery
Untriller.
Age recommendations --
18 and over
Sex content rating -- Moderate
to Hot
Violence rating -- Minus
Moderate
No comments:
Post a Comment